Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Further on Mahshushah’s Ramadan prep.

 

Forgot to tell you. We gathered at the mosque two weeks before Ramadan or we call the event Nisfu Sya'ban night. We read Qur'an and after that, we asked forgiveness from the whole community. So that we enter Ramadan with clean hearts. 
For me, it is interesting as I don't experience this occasion anywhere else even in Malaysia. Or probably I missed it.

I wish you can be here during Ramadan because you will hear Qur'an recitation from our mosques for almost 24 hours. School is closed and children will be in mosques for reading and learning Qur'an.

Still, I miss Ramadan in Jogja because I can do iftar in different mosques every day and they normally provide free iftar.
In my nearby mosques, there is no such a thing as free iftar. However, my neighbors bring and give snacks or drinks after performing the Tarawih prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment